Sunday, February 25, 2007

Reminders...

Well, I've always known that my parents were good people, but today I was reminded just HOW awesome they really are. They have been without power now for about 28 hours. The whole town where they live is without power and they are saying it could be Tuesday before it is restored. It is a small town with very few businesses - not even a grocery store anymore, so it is always hard for people to get out for last minute supplies when a storm hits. Anyway, my mom has to work at 3 a.m. and I told her that she should just come stay with us - after all it is closer to her job and we do have power now. She told me she couldn't because she had to take care of the people at the shelter. Her and my dad are both EMTs and my dad is also a volunteer firefighter. The fire station in town has a generator and has taken people in to keep warm and get a hot meal. My parents - like always - are taking care of everyone else even when they are in just as bad of a situation. I'm pretty lucky...even if my mom does drive me nuts...lol!

No comments: