Sunday, February 25, 2007

ice storms, power outages, sink problems...oh my!

So I am officially convinced that one of us did something terrible in a past life or something and this must all be karma coming back to us. I honestly can't think of any other reason for all of this craziness happening at once. Just in case you'd like a run down...I'll list it all here. That way, those of you who don't care to listen to me whine can just stop reading here and everyone is happy!

1. Car breaks down on 2/13.

2. We find out it isn't the starter - but that we need a new engine.

3. My students decided that last week would be the perfect time for them to act like they have no sense or respect for themselves or anyone else....yep...pretty much all week.

4. Yesterday we had a terrible ice storm and ended up losing power for about 4 hours. About
40,000 people in this area were without power - some still are, including my parents, grandma, and aunt & uncle.

5. Shannon ends up having to work today when it was supposed to be his day off.

6. The pipes under the sink started to leak while the dishwasher was running so I essentially ended up with water EVERYWHERE in the kitchen. When I called to talk to Shannon about it, he had the nerve to ask me if I had shut the sink off yet. Ummm, yeah....probably the FIRST thing I did when I realized water was going everywhere...thanks for the vote of confidence, honey!

7. Oh and don't that this entire time Shannon's Mamaw has been in and out of the hospital.

Ok, now...someone please tell me if I am overreacting or if this really is quite a lot of stuff going on at once. LOL! Sometimes you just have to laugh, I guess! Maybe this is a test? UGH! I fold!

No comments: