Sunday, March 4, 2007

5 Songs to sum up last week...

This week, the From Our Blog to Yours Challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs was to list the 5 songs to describe my week last week. Hmm...I'm getting some help from Shannon on this one - he picked the first one.

1. Waiting is the Hardest Part, Tom Petty - We spent all last week waiting for our car to get out of the shop, waiting to figure out how taxes were going to help/hinder the situation with the car, and basically just waiting to see if we were going to make it out of February with our checkbook still in the black.

2. Bad Day, Daniel Powter - See explanation from above...lol. Also, this is basically the song that I was hearing in my head every single day after work this week. It just kind of reminds me to suck it up and start fresh tomorrow. Plus, Lily really likes this song and it makes me think of her - therefore, it makes me smile.

3. This is the Life, Wendy Melvoin & Lisa Coleman from the Dangerous Minds Soundtrack
This songs pretty much sums up how I have been feeling about my job lately. I was just SO frustrated this week because I feel like I am not making any difference in any of their lives this year. I literally busted out singing this song one day in the middle of my classroom because now was listening to me...lol. My kids all just stopped and looked at me like I was crazy, but they stopped talking! :) My room is way too small, I don't have enough table space for all of them, none of them seemed to care about learning this week...and yet, I keep going back and I will keep going back because I have to, I need to, and deep down, I want to - even if it doesn't seem like it somedays.

4. Thank You, Dido - This song always reminds me of Shannon and the way that he can make me laugh even when I am convinced that it is all going to h-e-double-hockey sticks.

5. Better Together, Jack Johnson - This song, again, just sums up the way that Shannon and I are together. Things got pretty sucky this week, but we made it through and we hardly even argued...which is hard not to do when you're worried about money.

1 comment:

Mommy Spice said...

What say you to us NOT having a sucky week this week? :D